The mission of the Warner Parks and Recreation Commission is to provide and enhance outdoor recreation opportunities through diverse parks and programs that conserve the our town’s natural diversity.
- Create welcome, safe and accessible state parks and programs responsive to changing public trends to enhance Warner’s quality of life;
- Provide quality customer service within the limits of appropriation authority;
- Maintain essential park facilities and programs to ensure a quality recreation experience;
- Foster an appreciation and understanding of Warner’s natural heritage through responsible public stewardship programs on park managed lands;
- Offer educational programs that emphasize the cultural, historical and conservation content contained within the park and recreation sites under agency management;
- Advocate a working environment that supports open communications for all staff and volunteers;
- Support partnerships willing to achieve goals consistent with the Department mission;
- Establish processes that contribute to adequate and stable funding sources; emphasize the contribution to the tourism economy as supporting justification.